Kayla - 23 - Montana -Studying Japanese and Dance at the University of Montana - I like lots of things. If we like the same things, feel free to stick around. If you need anything (triggers and such) tagged, please do not hesistate to tell me~!
It’s so funny, you go to acting school thinking you’re going to learn how to be other people, but really it taught me how to be myself. Because it’s in understanding yourself deeply that you can lend yourself to another person’s circumstances and another person’s experience.
1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
She’s my best friend.
Griever concept art by Ken Barthelmey!
Also the fucking idea that someone has to constantly be exhibiting some level of discomfort or pain for their crisis to be valid is extremely disgusting and borderline ableist.
Like if you can genuinely sit there and say “Well, you’re not sad all time time, so are you really suffering?” you need to fuck right off.
i had a dream that i was walking around in a shirt with stalks of corn all over it and somebody was like “wtf are u wearing?” and i said “it’s a crop top” i laughed so hard that i woke up
"Short, three-eyed alien sighted!"
Page 1 of 2828